Design • UnspecifiedApply for this job
We are looking to recruit a technology/digital focussed UI Designer to help create the ultimate client experience
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
Workplace Health and Wealth (WHW) has grown considerably and is one of eleven practice areas within the firm. WHW provides ongoing consultancy services to over 200 clients in the areas of workplace consultancy and employee engagement. The Platform team currently sits within WHW (whilst working with a dedicated IT team), and is responsible for Me2, our online employee engagement platform and GEM Online (our workplace analytics tool) and is looking to develop these together with a variety of other digital tools to enhance the employee experience. The team also provides support to the rest of Barnett Waddingham for all member-facing platforms. The Platform team works closely with Drumroll, our internal creative agency that is responsible for all employee engagement services (online/digital and offline) provided by Barnett Waddingham.
We are now looking for an experienced and creative user interface designer to join the Drumroll team, but as a dedicated resource for the Platform team. The user interface designer will be responsible for creating, designing and developing web elements that optimize user interaction and experience across various devices. The ideal candidate will have a creative yet organized approach to tackling problems and creating solutions and will be tasked with building exciting new products from scratch, and working with our growing team to deliver quality digital products. The role involves working with the Platform and IT teams to create wireframes, storyboards, and conceptual models for testing and building.
This role can be based in either our Amersham or Bristol locations.
To be considered you will ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant role and have a minimum of 4 years previous experience in a UI Design role.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working with coding teams to realise development vision
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows etc
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz, XD.
- Coding ability using the above and knowledge of Objective C, Swift and C++ would be an advantage.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- In-depth understanding of UI; an understanding of latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
In return, you will enjoy a friendly working environment with a management team who are always open to fresh ideas and challenges. A competitive salary is on offer along with a flexible benefits package.
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career ladder or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate) – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way