System Design Engineer for Command & Control Subsystems
Software Development • Competitive Salary & BenefitsApply for this job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an engineer to join the teams responsible for the design and delivery of the Command and Control sub-systems for either maritime or land air defence weapon systems in development. These systems are in development for the UK armed forces and export customers.
Two roles: one for land C2 programmes and one for maritime C2 programmes. Activities of either role could include:
- Contributing to the definition of the C2 architecture and its functional definition and the specification of the software requirements.
- Designing test scenarios, jointly with the software development team, for software proving and assessment of results for compliance and completeness of proving evidence.
- Investigations into a full range of problems or developments as a member of a project team.
- Supporting the preparation of sub-system safety cases.
- Preparation of evidence to support verification/validation and qualification of the sub-systems leading to the preparation of design certificates.
- Working on flagship programmes for MBDA with a chance to develop experience across the project lifecycle.
- Through the role you will gain a deep technical understanding subsystem design activities, focused on C2 subsystems, including hardware and software, and working with many other areas of the company.
- Opportunity to interact with colleagues from MBDA France and Italy.
- Working on real projects in development that will go into service with the UK armed forces and approved export customers.
- Join established teams and be well supported as you gain domain experience in the role.
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training.
- Be on a career path that can lead to Department Head or Chief Engineer in MBDA.
- You will be joining a focussed team responsible for the development of the significant subsystems within new weapon systems which are critical to the UK Armed Forces.
- New challenges will arise frequently that will demand generation of technical opportunities and agreeing the way forward to maintain the project pace.
- Have ready access to in-house experts to supplement knowledge.
- Interaction within a multi-national functional and/or project team with individual national identities but a common operational goal.
- Ideally Engineering degree or equivalent .
- Sound understanding of system engineering processes (e.g. specification, verification, validation, and integration).
- Ability to work to deadlines under programme and cost pressures.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required but also able to work with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
- Good communication skill.
- Desirable knowledge of Rhapsody and SySML.
- Desirable knowledge of DOORS for requirement management, tracking and mapping certification evidence.
- Desirable to have experience in software and/or hardware design and development programmes.
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
More like this3 days ago
Other - £20000 - £26000/annum + Benefits2 days ago
Other - £300 - 500 / day3 days ago
Lead Software Engineer (Virtual Environments and Software)
Software Development - Competitive Salary & Benefits3 days ago
DevOps Engineer - AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, Python
Software Development - From £475 to £575 per day1 day ago
PHP Drupal Developer
Software Development - From £40,000 to £50,000 per annum