Steel CAD Designers - Bristol
Design • UnspecifiedApply for this job
Vulcain Engineering Group provides Engineering consultancy services across multiple Industry sectors on a global scale. With operations in 36 countries and over 1500 staff, our business responds to the needs of our clients by providing expertise in the form of high added value engineering services. We have primarily structured our focus at the four arenas of Electricity Production (Nuclear, Thermal, Renewables), Oil & Gas, Process Industries/Engineering and Infrastructure. By consistently delivering exemplary outcomes for our customers, Vulcain Engineering has seen steady, strong growth and expansion.
Vulcain Engineering UK currently have exciting permanent opportunities for motivated and suitably qualified Steel CAD Designers in Bristol. A highly competitive annual package (including relocation) is on offer for the right candidates.
- The Steel CAD Designer is assigned to the Steelwork Engineering Team and their activity is coordinated by the Responsible Steelwork Engineer.
- The Steel CAD Designer works closely with the Civil and Steelwork Engineers. These engineers will provide the input data as well as reviewing the works of the Steel CAD Designer.
- Creating and modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling steelwork structures (steelwork structures, platforms, ladders, monorails, handrails, etc.) according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the traceability is maintained throughout the model ensuring the steelwork rules/guidance are correctly followed.
- Creating the detailed 3D-Model of the steelwork by using BOCAD (part of the Aveva package) or Tekla. For this the Steel CAD Designer will use a transfer tool from PDMS to BOCAD or Tekla.
- Carrying out detailed modelling activities of the steelwork structures on the 3D modelling tool.
- When requests for changes are issued by the Steelwork Engineer, the Steel CAD Designer incorporates the changes into the 3D modelling tool, having checked their technical consistency.
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the responsible steelwork engineer, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model.
- Produces 2D detailed drawings for issuance to the fabricator.
- Performing of 2D-3D Checks.
- Designer Level 2
- Strong experience in steelwork drafting
- Auto-CAD experience
- Knowledge of a 3D modelling tool for steelwork
- PDMS, TEKLA or BOCAD (or knowledge in similar 3D, 2D software application)
- Meets deadlines/commitments
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Ability to effectively work collaboratively
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Curious and enquiring approach to tasks
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in the nuclear sector
- French speaker
If you want to be a part of a successful business that puts its people first, then join us here at Vulcain Engineering. Your contribution makes a difference to us – we value our staff!