Software Development • UnspecifiedApply for this job
Software Engineer - SPACE (Onboard Software - Embedded C)
Location: Bristol (Next to Temple Meads)
SCISYS delivers a wide range of software services, solutions and consultancy to our clients, such as the European Space Agency. We develop robust, real-world software and provide supporting services that create real benefit to our customers. SCISYS solutions are frequently at the core of our clients' operations and therefore critical to their business. For example, we are delivering software that will navigate a rover on Mars, allows spacecraft controllers to develop their operational procedures and investigating novel data transfer mechanisms between a spacecraft and Earth. Delivering these solutions requires partnership and mutual trust, which we pride ourselves on and promote amongst our workforce.
About the Role
SCISYS is currently seeking a Software Engineer (Embedded C) to join the Space Division, based in Bristol, UK.
The SCISYS Space Division is looking for enthusiastic, ambitious Software Engineer to join our On-Board Applications development teams. We deliver a wide range of projects and products to our customers, such as the European Space Agency, spanning large scale system developments used to control Satellites to small technology studies involving prototypes and technology demonstrators.
Working within our Space Division is both challenging and rewarding. As a software engineer you will take on a variety of project activities, including: Designing, Building, Testing and Supporting software solutions for our clients. You will be working with people who are experts in their field and as a valued member of the team we'll expect you to make a real contribution to the success of our business.
* Candidates must have a software engineering background with preferably 3 years development experience in real-time embedded software development using C.
* Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a STEM related degree with a computing component.
* Background in developing software to standards, such as ECSS-ST-E40 and MISRA C.
* Configuration management experience using GIT or similar
* Have an understanding and appreciation of good software development practices including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
* Possess an analytical approach and problem solving abilities
* Ability to estimate and plan your work
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
* It is expected that the roles will include some customer interaction, so candidates need to be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
* Be self-motivated and ready to take responsibility for own work.
* Eager to learn and grow into future roles.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Actively contribute to an expanding/diversifying business.
* Willing to travel to customer sites.
* Experience of unit test tools, such as Cantata++ is desirable
* Experience of System testing on high fidelity test equipment.
* BSP / Driver development in C language for RTEMS or Linux Operating systems.
* Development of Hardware Accelerators using Xilinx Vivado, HSE or ISE tool suite
* Experience with FPGAs or low level Hardware programming
* Experience or knowledge of Buses such as AXI4, CAN, Milbus or Spacewire
* Use of Doors or an equivalent requirement management system.
* Knowledge of RTEMS operating system and SPARC processors desirable
* Programming within an eclipse environment
* Linux systems
* Software design and UML
* Requirements engineering
* Understanding of verification and validation
* Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
* Security Clearance desirable but not essential
* Flexible to travel to customer sites (both UK and non-UK) Command of another European language in addition to English will be beneficial
What's in It for you?
SCISYS offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages, as well as offering our employees the opportunity to develop themselves whilst working on some incredibly exciting projects. We have flexible working hours, free onsite parking, an onsite café, and even a free gym in our HQ.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' now.