Software Cyber Security Engineer
Software Development • Competitive Salary & BenefitsApply for this job
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Cyber-Security Engineer to join our Development Facility in Bristol. You will be part of a team developing security solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems, and will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills within the weapon systems domain, with a specific focus on security aspects of our software products.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software and Systems Security, combined with significant experience in the architecting, designing and implementation of software security solutions.
- You will have been responsible for the delivery of (software) security solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues.
- A good understanding of software security vulnerabilities and threat modelling
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development.
- The solutions that you develop will be across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others is essential.
- You will be prepared to contribute to the development of security architectures for MBDA products.
- You should be capable of developing low-level software security solutions using appropriate languages, e.g. C, C++, Ada, and/or be able to direct others to do so.
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards and guidelines such as CERT, Spark and MISRA would be desirable, as would experience of CAPS approval and hardware/software penetration testing.
- Developed Vetting (DV) clearance will be required for this role, so you should be willing to apply for this if you are not currently DV cleared.
- You will be capable of engaging with the software engineering stakeholder community both internally and externally
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software security and its application to modern weapon systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can depend upon.
- Many of our products and components are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy, and Germany.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Your skills will be developed through a mixture of project exposure, formal training (including professional qualifications), and attendance at conferences.
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
- You will be responsible for the design (and in some cases the implementation) of software security solutions for the next generation of Missile Systems across multiple specialist areas including Embedded, Command and Control (C2) and Mission Planning systems.
- You will be required to co-ordinate security-related activities across multiple projects and product variants in order to ensure the efficient delivery of software security solutions into these areas.
- This is a hands-on role that requires a combination of both technical and organisational/inter-personal skills.
- You will be involved in developing MBDA’s software security processes for the adoption of new technology within a security context.
- You will be joining the Software Product Lines and Capability team, which supports the development of software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems and you will be working with a talented group of experienced software and systems engineers on interesting and novel products.
- We have the ability to influence the future strategy of MBDA through project and research activities
- We are an open, collaborative team who favour knowledge sharing and support
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
More like this3 days ago
Head of Development - Bristol - Go / Golang - c.£60,000+
Other - £0.00 - £60000 per annum3 days ago
Other - £60000 - £70000/annum plus full company benefits2 days ago
CLASS 1 DRIVER
Other - £14 - 18 per hour4 days ago
C++ Software Engineer - Bristol - 6 months - £300 to £325 pd
Software Development - £300.00 - £325.00 per hour4 days ago
Chartered Building Surveyor
Design - £33k - 44k per year + Benefits