Senior Technical Engineer - Workplace Engineering
Software Development • £64425 - £85900 per annumApply for this job
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
We're supporting the infrastructure of a number of these strategic transformational initiatives through the provision of a new Workplace Engineering team.
Workplace Engineering are responsible for designing, configuring and delivering the technology required to create a truly Digital Workplace in an evergreen environment.
About the role;
The Senior Engineering Technical Project Manager role is key to the prioritisation, tracking and delivery of the technology and is representative of the 'new' culture; displaying the following qualities:
- Passionate about Agile principles and excited to embed them within the working practices of the Workplace Engineering Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable offering guidance and leadership, both individually and at team/squad levels
- A great teammate, who is comfortable getting their hands dirty
- Brings passion to their work to inspire and motivate team members
- Loves coaching and supporting people to embrace changes to their way of working
- Calm, confident, patient and open-minded
- A continuous improvement mindset and dedication to finding new ways of working
- Listens to the team and empowers them.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
You'll work with technical teams to develop project schedules, resource planning, requirements gathering, project status and budget controlling. Additionally you'll support the Engineering Leads to ensure requirements and proposed solutions are aligned with strategy and the Target Operating Model. And you'll ensure Feature Team requirements and proposed design solutions align with Group policies and all regulatory and statutory requirements.
Additionally you'll be;
- Preparing and handling technical delivery schedules, coordinating multiple technical delivery streams and suppliers.
- Identifying and ensuring targeted, consistent, and timely communication of technical delivery status, dependencies, risks and issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Helping the Team to continuously improve the effectiveness of their incremental delivery of value to customers & stakeholders
- Removing impediments to the Team's progress
What we'll need from you;
- You'll be an experienced Technical Project Manager with demonstrable skills and confirmed capability of agile application and scrum techniques; ideally with Jira and Confluence experience
- You'll have experience with complex Digital Workplace projects and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working with Digital Workplace Engineering teams
- Ability to brainstorm with team members on solutions to address challenges and blockers
- Experience influencing behaviour cross-team and cross-discipline without having formal organisational hierarchy along with leadership and managerial skills to independently lead development teams, during multiple phases of the project lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience in business process design, technology, functional, operational and change management analysis.
- Strong in conversations of a technical nature and used to working directly with developers, QA, product owners and business stakeholders
- Proven experience and understanding of project planning and financial budgetary control
- Ability to negotiate for competing resources and to generate consensus among multiple priorities
- Professional project management qualification (PRINCE2, PMP, SCRUM or equivalent)
- A good understanding of Modern Digital Workplace Technology would be preferred
A general knowledge of some of the following Enterprise technologies will be advantageous:
- Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- MS365 Product Suite (Previously Office 365 - Including but not limited to MS Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business)
- Device, Application & Data Management (Intune, Windows 10 Management)
- Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance)
- MS365 Security Tooling
- Azure Active Directory
- Application and Desktop Virtualisation
- Virtual Desktop (Legacy, Citrix, DaaS)
- Process Automation, scripting / coding (PowerShell, PowerApps, GraphAPI, Python)
- Experience with the Jira and Confluence toolsets
Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are important to us we want people who are highly motivated with an inquisitive approach to work and a willingness to challenge the status quo. We keep our group values of Keeping it Simple, Making a Difference Together and Putting Customers First at the heart of our culture so you should be committed to similar values and combine this with a love of learning. We're also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you'll need a range of interpersonal skills and take a collaborative approach.
What will you get in return?
We'll give you stretch whilst you work on some of the largest and most fascinating Engineering projects around today. We'll also commit to furthering your skills and career in an environment that celebrates both diversity and equal opportunity. We'd also consider flexible and agile working practices to suit you.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
So if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.