Senior Product Delivery Manager - E-Commerce - Agile
Other • Competitive salary + bonus + pension + health benefitsApply for this job
By joining Valtech you will become part of a global digital consultancy. We bring together design, data science and software engineering professionals to deliver new products for our customers across the UK. Our customers include easyJet, Dyson, Bupa and Just Eat.
This diverse set of capabilities means that no two projects are the same. We undertake transformative projects using a collaborative approach. We work with our customers, employing Agile and Lean principles, to support decision making, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right service to users.
We are passionate about delivery and new innovations in digital. Our teams seek to fail fast to accelerate learning, making experimentation safe. As communities we are sociable and encourage learning. We use regular internal events, meet ups and external events to explore new ideas at all levels.
How we deliver
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
• Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to deliver the users’ needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team you need to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. In addition to individual expertise and specialisation, we value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together with our customers – often co-located on their sites – to improve our approach.
• Continuous learning
This applies as much to product development as it does to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty, creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. A personal training budget provides the opportunity to grow and develop as individuals.
• Outcome Focus
When driving our projects we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
You’ll be joining as a Senior Product Delivery Manager, working with the teams within our Platform portfolio who have a reputation for writing high performance enterprise class web solutions. We develop the code that drives websites which are robust enough to process enormous levels of traffic and revenue. The systems we develop are real-world, tangible applications that are used by millions of people daily.
Working with our in-house cross functional teams on one of our largest accounts, you will help plan and organise the work in close collaboration with our client team delivering complex and highly valuable software from a constantly evolving product backlog, ensuring that what we deliver meets the needs of the end customer.
Specialist Skills & Requirement
The skillset required to excel in this role is broad, with the right individual needing to demonstrate strong capabilities within the majority of the following areas:
- To lead various client-focused activities from bid conversations, through building delivery teams, to
- managing multi-functional teams with budgetary management responsibilities.
- To manage delivery of a project, or multiple projects within a single account, from participation in pre-
- sales to Inception and through its full lifecycle.
- To manage delivery in collaboration with client stakeholders, ensuring appropriate tracking, reporting and governance.
- To support and enable a cross-functional team (which may include customer staff) through all aspects of product development.
- To coach both client and Valtech team members in effective Agile practices and principles.
- Qualifications: (Work experience, Industry Sector)
- Consulting or other client facing experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Practical experience in Agile project management and delivery.
- Solid knowledge of Agile principles, tools and techniques.
- Commercial awareness of customer needs from a consulting perspective.
- Delivering with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of estimation, tracking, governance, financial and progress reporting in an Agile
- Experience of being accountable for delivery.
- Strong customer engagement and stakeholder management.
- Background in a core delivery practice such as technical architecture, business analysis or user interaction design is likely to be beneficial.