Software Development • £50000 - £51000 per annumApply for this job
Senior Software Engineer, £50,000, Bristol
My client is a defence business based in Bristol. They are looking for a talented Developer to lead a team that is developing features for a new product. You will influence the choice of modern software technologies and architectures that are used, and manage their deployment in an agile development environment
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
· Design software architectures and communicate them to the team
· Plan, estimate and monitor the team's work using agile methodologies and communicate these to the project manager
· Provide technical direction to the team, mentoring junior members and conducting design and code reviews
· Devise and implement development process improvements
· Contribute to the complete development lifecycle by working closely and effectively with our test and user support teams.
The role is ideal for those who take an active interest in evolving development methodologies and can communicate that enthusiasm to their team.
· Eight or more years' experience of C# .NET development, ideally in a product-based environment as part of a small team
· Experience of software architectural design.
· One or more years' experience of leading a small software development team, ideally in an agile process