Senior Civil Engineer
Software Development • CompetitiveApply for this job
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our expanding Civil Engineering team in Bristol. You will be involved in diverse projects and will deliver innovative solutions that delight an incredibly broad range of clients across multiple sectors.
Main Purpose of Position:
You will be working within the Civil Engineering team whose scope of project work includes:
- Wastewater and water projects including treatment works, sewer networks, pumping stations and rising mains;
- Drainage schemes;
- Marine projects;
- Flood risk and drainage assessment; and
- Hydraulic and network modelling.
You will be expected to be involved in all project work stages from inception to completion including:
- Feasibility studies and option appraisals;
- Outline and detailed design;
- Budget cost estimates;
- Contract management;
- Site supervision; and
- Construction project management in the role of Project Manager under NEC ECC contracts.
- Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures
- Make sure that legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions are complied with
- Assist in the contract administration of projects to make sure that time and budgetary requirements are met
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, Statutory Authorities, utility companies and other consultants, as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Graduate member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI)
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCAD and Microdrainage WinDes
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification For Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification For The Water Industry and Sewers for Adoption and their implementation
- Experience of and ability in working within project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies such as Northern Ireland Water, Northern Ireland Environment Agency / Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, DfI Roads and DfI Rivers
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment
- Chartered or approaching Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Engineers Ireland
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions Of Contract
- Experience working on Northern Ireland Water Framework Contracts
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.