Other • UnspecifiedApply for this job
Our Business Assurance business is a recognised, world-leading professional assurance services organisation. We specialise in management systems compliance & expert advice across a broad spectrum of standards, schemes & business improvement services to include customised training & assurance. In Inspection Services, we certify safety critical industrial equipment according to recognised codes, standards & regulations. We also partner with companies to provide tailored high-quality inspection services throughout their manufacturing supply chains, making sure equipment is built safely & to their requirements.
Responsible for the management and delivery of conformity assessment contracts for UK Nuclear New Build projects totheagreed scope, specification,time scale and costs. Manage client relationships andensure the effective delivery ofservices. May involvesingleprojectsor a portfolio of projectsfor one or more client contracts.
- Supporting other Project Managers on the bid and tender development process.
- Accountability for Revenue / margins on projects where you are PM.
- Undertaking resource planning, organisation and management as necessary and include the allocation of man hours to ensure that the project remains profitable and adheres to the cost, time and quality control processes.
- Support the execution of plans through contract compliance and include change control and contract variations and where necessary identify opportunities to develop additional work.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of project schedules, financial tracking, risks and issues plus associated project documentation and support compliance with all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor work to ensure it is carried out within an appropriate safety management system, including provision of equipment and maintenance of records.
- Undertake specific and routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
- Provide regular project and contract reviews, project reporting and close out to project teams and clients.
- Acts as single point of contact for clients to effectively manage the client and LR relationship.
- Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implement health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises safety or health.
- Deputise for the Senior Project Manager as directed and specifically, maintain access to Surveyors who are suitably trained and qualified to perform the duties required and liaise with DPM (France) as required to promote cohesion and benchmark technical working practices.
- Provide regular reports and support the Project Director for client interface and technical delivery challenges
Experience & Qualifications
- Recognized professional Project Management qualification equivalent to APM PMQ (IMPA Level D) or above. A minimum of HND in an Engineering or Science subject (degree preferred).
- Experience of managing large and complex projects in highly regulated sectors e.g. Nuclear, through the complete project life cycle.
- Proven ability to manage technical personnel to provide project deliverable on time and to the required quality.
- Strong customer focus and proven track record in managing client relationships
- Appreciation of UK Nuclear New Build Requirements (Highly Desirable) and knowledge of UK Regulations for pressure equipment (new and in-service – Desirable)
- Appreciation of materials, welding and nuclear pressure vessel construction codes e.g RCC-M and ASME section III (Highly Desirable)
- Experience of working in a UK Regulatory regime (e.g. Nuclear, medical) – Highly desirable
- Has a broad knowledge and a significant number of years relevant work experience as assistant Project Manager or as a senior member of a project team working on all or some aspects of larger projects.
- Has a sound general and specialist engineering knowledge and able to apply it to existing and emerging technology.
- Adaptable and well organised with a practical minded approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Possessing good communication skills, including technical report writing, having the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines
- Pragmatic, empathetic and credible with clients and have a high standard of personal presentation.
- Good influencing and motivational skills demonstrated through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others.