Software Development • UnspecifiedApply for this job
Ever wondered what it would be like to deliver ground breaking new features for the biggest consumer asset management platform in the UK? Hargreaves Lansdown look after over £90 billion for more than 1 million active clients from our landmark head office in Bristol. Are you the right person to help us innovate on the best direct to consumer investment platform in the UK*?
HL Savings is a new offering that will allow us to bring innovative new products to market, and to support its rapid growth we are looking to expand its technology capabilities. The entire HL Savings team is based in Hargreaves Lansdown’s landmark office in the centre of Bristol.
You will be working as part of an Agile/Scrum team that is helping to change the landscape of the £700 billion savings market in the UK. We are looking for highly skilled & motivated Java developers who enjoy seeing their work making a measurable impact to a business and disrupting the status quo.
The team is a cross functional team; Developers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Testers and Devops engineers responsible for the delivery of the entire front-to-back product.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Writing high quality Java code
- Working collaboratively as part of a team
- Actively contributing to the scrum process (stand ups, automated tests, retrospectives, etc.) and the overall output of the team
- Doing whatever is necessary to deliver working code at the end of each iteration
- Meeting regulatory compliance standards
Essential Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years experience developing using Java 8 or higher
- Specific experience using some of the following development tools: JUnit, JMeter, Mockito, Cucumber, Jenkins, JIRA and confluence (or similar)
- Comfortable working in a Scrum/Agile team
- Developing secure & maintainable code
- Able to find innovate solutions to problems
- Pragmatic and focused on delivery
- Has a mindset of continuous improvement in everything you do
- Tenacious, with a pride in what you do
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- A degree in computing, IT or a numerate discipline
- Knowledge of personal finance and savings products
- Specific knowledge of our associated development technologies: HTML and/or SQL, Spring Boot, ActiveMQm ThymeLeaf, Oracle, SWIFT messaging
- Specific skills in our development processes: Feature led development
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working basis– please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
More like this4 days ago
Software Development - Unspecified3 days ago
Software Development - £45000 - £55000 per annum + 25 days holiday3 days ago
Building Services Manager
Design - £50000 - £65000 per annum + Package3 days ago
Marketing - £23000 - £25000 per annum4 days ago
Software Development - £35000 - £40000 per annum