Graduate Software Developer
Software Development • Competitive salary plus excellent benefitsApply for this job
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business that prides itself in providing straightforward and well-communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and expertly trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
We invest heavily in cutting-edge technology: IT really is a key part of our success. Our clients include many large household name companies, as a business we have won a number of prestigious industry awards.
Our in-house Software Development team is responsible for the systems used across all areas of the business, as well as externally for our clients. As well as coding with the latest technologies, developers are exposed to all aspects of software development, working with internal and external stakeholders to make a real contribution to the business. The work involves both development of new projects and maintenance of existing functionality.
To continue supporting our success the team is expanding: we are looking for a number of Graduate Software Developers for our new team based in Bristol.
About the person
- You will have a degree in a technical subject
- You will be passionate about computer programming with a grasp of an object-orientated programming language and a strong preference for C#
Are you someone who enjoys working as part of a team and is capable and confident in reacting to ever-changing situations?
Do you enjoy liaising with internal and external stakeholders and are confident in communicating and presenting your work / findings?
Would you like the opportunity to work on multiple projects in a consultancy environment?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
What we offer at Barnett Waddingham
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate) – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
- Our environment - we have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
- Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
- Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
- Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause.
- We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities.