Environmental Project Manager
Other • CompetitiveApply for this job
RHL are currently recruiting for a Environmental Project Manager for our client, who work on a wide range of projects in the UK marketplace offering multidisciplinary services for planning support and engineering design.
You will be joining a busy and diverse environmental consulting team which is fully embedded into the multi-disciplinary business across the company. The projects include major residential and mixed-use schemes, large masterplans and transport infrastructure for energy-related projects.
The position will be based in Bristol, but will involve periods working in other offices as required. The role is to deliver alongside the other members of the environmental division to deliver an integrated service to clients.
Principal Duties and Main Activities:
- Acting as project manager on the SW Highways England DIP Framework and other multi-disciplinary projects.
- Effectively running the day to day administration of environmental planning inputs and liaising with the wider design team.
- Coordinating technical input from across the Group, ensuring bids and deliverables meet the client's expectations.
- Contributing to business development.
- Assisting with development of graduates and experienced consultants and engineers by providing guidance in their development of EIA knowledge and expertise.
- Preparing detailed financial and technical proposals.
- Reviewing financial performance of jobs and adjusting resources accordingly.
- Acting as a project manager demonstrating professional and technical delivery skills in this capacity.
- Writing technically sound and commercially focused proposals and reports based on a clear understanding of the clients requirements.
- Contributing to the development and growth of environmental due diligence services.
- Contributing to the development of the EIA and environmental planning support business.
- Liaising with clients, master planners, planners, specialist consultants, planning lawyers, public relations companies, local authorities and the general public.
- Visiting sites and facilities.
- Contributing to the required office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage enjoyable, productive and efficient working of all personnel.
- Promoting the Vision and demonstrating the Values in all aspects of your work.
- Fostering sound working relationships throughout the business.
- Any other duties consistent with the job description that may be required from time to time.
- Degree in Geology, Environmental Science or other relevant subject.
- Significant consultancy experience.
- Experience of Highways projects and working with Highways England.
- Experience of the DMRB and IANs.
- Experience of drafting EIAs or Environmental Assessment Reports (either input into or project managing the overall process).
- Good understanding of business conditions and commercially focused.
- Proficiency in information technology, office computer systems and the presentation of information.
- Second relevant degree in Environmental Impact Assessment (Desirable).
- Full member of IEMA and Chartered Environmentalist status (Desirable).
Please apply with your CV or contact Becky Round -