Design Manager - Leading Contractor - Bristol
Design • Negotiable dependent on experienceApply for this job
Design Manager wanted to work on schemes in and around the Bristol, Somerset and Gloucester regions.
Applications welcome from Design Managers Design Coordinators and individuals from Architectural backgrounds looking to diversify into main contracting.
A Design Manager opportunity with a well-respected and established contractor who builds and delivers a variety of schemes across the education, extra-care, residential development, commercial and mixed-use sectors are searching for the newest member of their team to help them build communities. We are currently working in partnership with this contractor to identify a talented Design Manager in the Bristol region. You can expect to be working on schemes from £1 million to £30 million in value predominantly working on extra-care, residential, and commercial schemes.
What will I be doing?
- Able to provide leadership to the design process on allocated projects;
- Manage the interface between contractor and external consultants;
- Utilize the innovation strategies available into projects where possible;
- Keep ahead of current technical issues and incorporate into schemes;
- Face to face interaction with clients when required;
- You will be expected to support, understand clients the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design;
- Manage the design process using your commercial contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise;
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate;
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
What will I need?
- Technical Understanding;
- Team Player;
- Commercial Awareness;
- Able to Priorities;
- Understanding and interpreting the clients’ requirements;
- Innovative thinker and problem solver;
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally;
- Ability to understand and answer design related questions from Preconstruction;
- Qualification and Tender Questionnaires.
- BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering, Building;
- HNC/HND in Building Studies or a degree in Construction Management or Architecture;
- You could either come from an Operational or Architectural background and be willing to be hands on delivering schemes.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations;
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software course and/or Adobe Acrobat;
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Ideally you will currently be working for either a national, regional building contractor or architect practice with experience working on schemes up to £20 million in value from pre-construction through to handover.
If you think this opportunity is right for you and you want to know more please click on the 'apply now' button and submit your CV. Alternatively you can contact Fiona Corbett for a confidential chat on 0117 934 9555.