Demand Planning Manager - Genuine Opportunity
Design • Highly Competitive Salary - depending on experienceApply for this job
Our highly successful client is seeking a Demand Planning Manager to join their Operations Supply Chain team, and take responsibility the short, medium and long term inventory planning of an assigned group of vendors.
- Utilising SAP Advanced Planning & Optimisation tool (APO), assist the Global Supply Chain Director, in the management and control of the base demand and inventory planning system parameters, policies and standardised processes across the designated regional storage sites.
- Through the S&OP & CPFR process, plan product inventory levels based on past sales history, future forecasts and through sales and product management consensus planning.
- Forecast inventory levels for quarter-ends and rolling 3-6 month period to ensure inventory levels are within the desired business KPI targets.
- Act as the focal point for strategic inventory planning for assigned vendors between other business functions Supply Planning, Supply Chain Operations, Product Management, Commercial Sales Teams, Key Account Directors and Vendors.
- Through sound stock management techniques monitor stock ageing, slow moving products and obsolescence, to ensure stock rotations are maximised and inventory right-off risk is minimised.
- Working alongside the Product Management teams, maintain an in-depth knowledge of product lines, market conditions, vendor promotions and other areas that affect management of inventories.
- Work with the Master Data team to ensure vendor price lists and setups are maintained correctly.
- Perform on-going analysis to ensure that the system parameters deliver the expected results and adjust as appropriate. Provide expert data gathering, measurement, reporting and insight to company teams with regard to regional Supply Chain Planning (SCP) KPI's. Highlighting areas and opportunities for improvement.
Skills and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of working within an inventory planning team in a large EMEA distribution networks.
- In depth knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems (SAP) and sophisticated planning tools - SAP Advanced Planning and Optimisation (SAP APO) is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable working in a cross-functional environment, with major interaction with other business streams.
- Experience in Sales and Operations planning process (S&OP)
- Strong analytical skills, with expert understanding of Supply Chain data and experience using various query/reporting tools.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years Purchasing and Inventory Planning and management experience.
- APICS CPIM, CIPS, and SAP APO or other ERP optimisation planning software
- Forecast and Demand Planning
- S&OP & CPFR
- Ability to manage and mentor Inventory Planners, an advantage.
- Expertise with MS Office Products suite essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and within a team and take initiative.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are a must.
- Strong customer service skills and a "can do" attitude are essential.