Data Analyst/Engineer - Data Warehousing
Software Development • £49608 - £55120 per annum + packageApply for this job
Title: Data Engineer
Company: Lloyds Banking Group
Salary: £49,608 to £55,120 base salary, plus good annual personal bonus %, car allowance, 13% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and home working opportunities at least 1 day per week! Working for Lloyds is great.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
The optimal use of data is a significant business differentiator so we're investing over £3bn to further transform our people, platforms and data capabilities.
Sitting within the Data and Design function, Group Analytics (GA) has a major role in this transformation in becoming a centre-of-excellence for analytics within the Group.
- They deliver a range analytical solutions across a huge range of strategic areas, supporting the business by helping drive strategies through data.
- They're also driving a more sophisticated approach to how we produce and distribute regular Business Intelligence to enable all colleagues to make quicker, more data-led decisions.
Join them and you could be involved in anything from Data Discovery projects to crafting the data underpinning our new "BI Marketplace".
Our culture in GA also follows clear principles promoting a positive, collaborative and creative culture so you'd enjoy a diverse, innovative and energising place to work.
Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for a data specialist to join our Data and Analytics team to develop data-led solutions answering commercial business questions with accuracy and pace.
You could help us make it possible...
You'd use leading analytical tools and techniques to analyse the wealth of behavioural and transactional data we hold on 30m+ customers to help us become the best bank for customers and the data-led bank of the future.
What would you get involved with?
- Performing accurate mining and extraction from the relevant structured and unstructured sources to support the development and shaping of new and existing data solutions
- Reviewing, interpreting and challenging data to generate understanding of key drivers, risks and opportunities
- Promoting the prominent role of analytics and data in decision-making at all levels
- Leading internal customer relationships across the Group to generate and refine data, and to translate their business needs into data requirements
- Supporting the delivery of actionable insights that influence business decisions
- And you'll support a Data Strategy that builds advantage and enables the development of new business opportunities
- You're the sort of confident senior analyst we're after - passionate about both data/analytics and storytelling with an aptitude for solving problems through data
- You'll possess a mix of excellent communication skills: influencing and working effectively with technical and non-technical audiences - asking intelligent questions and able to make complex data analysis simple
- And you'll have the creativity we actively encourage to innovate and help build a truly state of the art analytics function.
- And the skills/background you'd possess?
- You'll need advanced SQL skills (ideally Teradata) and confidence in working with large datasets in a similar analytical or data modelling role
- Adept at sourcing data from strategic sources (data warehouses etc.) you're comfortable building data solutions to answer business questions
- Finally your CV will demonstrate the people nurturing and team-centric behaviours of someone who helps build enjoyable places to work and can deputise for Senior colleagues when needed.
Wider experience of other tools and technologies you might have such as Aster, Tableau and Hadoop/HiveQL would be useful. Similarly an appreciation of Agile principles with any experience of working in an agile environment would be put to good use.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best of our people.
So if you have the advanced SQL data skills we're seeking having a key role in a major data transformation appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
More like thisabout 21 hours ago
Lead Data Analytics Engineer
Software Development - Unspecified2 days ago
Design - From £28,000 to £38,000 per annum3 days ago
CLASS 1 DRIVER // C+E // HGV 1 // HGV
Other - £13.50 - 18.00 per hourabout 15 hours ago
Graduate Software Developer
Software Development - £20000 - £25000 per annum + flexi-time, bonus scheme2 days ago
Project Manager - Prince 2, Agile, Scrum, BPO - Bristol or Swindon
Other - From £40,000 to £50,000 per annum