Chartered Building Surveyor
Design • £45k - 55k per year + BenefitsApply for this job
Chartered Building Surveyor Required to work for one of the leading construction consultancies in the UK to be based in their office in Bristol
- Manages the implementation of new technologies and legislation, as appropriate.
- Manages client relationships.
- Financially manages a number of projects, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including invoicing clients.
- Recognized as an expert in building surveying.
- Lead on individual Building Surveying, Project Management, and Contract Administration commissions
- Assist in the preparation of fee bids, mentor key team members to do the same and assist other growth managers in business development
- Continuous improvement to our standards, processes and knowledge to deliver to our core clients
- Technical mentoring and developing our junior staff including APC candidates and apprentices
- Comply with all QSE procedures
- Have an understanding of financial, commercial and risk management from project inception through to completion on own projects
- Conducting a portfolio of fee based activities with our key multi sector client base
- Fully involved in or managing others for the production of drawings, specifications and tender documents
- Survey and Report writing for the full range of typical core Building Surveying services
- Have experience of all aspects of building surveying from design work to condition surveys, feasibilities, and contract administration. This is a varied role so requires a breadth of experience.
- Produce schedules of work, specifications and detailed drawings along with tender documents and construction contracts.
- Produce feasibility and concept reports.
- Manage sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage the delivery of contract administration services.
- Manage asset surveys on larger survey programmes, working with various technology packages to meet client requirements.
- Undertake condition surveys and produce detailed reports.
- Have line manager responsibility for a team of building surveyors.
- Promote the RICS APC and support staff through their APC.
- Experience of working on multiple projects and working for multiple clients on a concurrent basis.
- Have excellent client facing experience.
- Experience in all core Building Surveying work areas especially design services, contract administration and condition surveys
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent client and team interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a number of clients providing core Building Survey services and managing your workload and that of junior team members.
- Be passionate about Building Surveying, developing a team and furthering your career with a leading construction consultancy.
- Have an open willingness to support developing surveyors and respond to their questions.
- Be a strong leader and communicator.
- Be looking for the next step in building surveying and your career progression.
- Be a role model to the team, setting high standards and expectations.
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in a Building Surveying RICS accredited degree.
- Be able to demonstrate post Chartership experience.
For more information please get in touch with Charlie Vaughan - Jones on or email me on ;