Building Services Engineer ( Electrical Bias )
Software Development • £45000.00 - £60000.00 per annumApply for this job
Position - Building Services Engineer
Location - Bristol or London based
Salary - £45k to £60k
Please note in order to apply for this role you will need to be a Chartered Engineer or working towards your Chartered Engineer status.
The Role : Building services engineer
- Undertake site electrical infrastructure surveys, tests, reports on existing Electrical systems performance and services installations.
- Electrical design, with particular focus on energy efficiency and electrical generation and storage.
- Take responsibility for the technical delivery of outline and detailed electrical (and ICA) design, preparing schedules, drawings and specifications and assisting with project delivery including support for the full project lifecycle, working closely with the projects and contracts team to provide installation and commissioning support
- Project management including the co-ordination of technical, commercial and procurement advice from internal and external associates. Delivering projects on time and on budget to high customer satisfaction
- Production of electrical schematics, preparation of construction drawings, LV/HV distribution system design and Instrumentation and equipment specification, switchgear sizing
The Person : Building services engineer
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar client-facing role in the energy and wider building services/energy efficiency industry.
- Experience of working in decentralised energy/district heating.
- Have experience of delivering H&S by design, compliance to CDM regulations, Ex standard, ATEX compliance
- industry standard design and calculation software e.g. AutoCAD, Amtech, HevaComp, Dialux
- Experience of delivering H&S by design, compliance to CDM regulations, Ex standard, ATEX compliance
- Knowledge of building services within commercial and public sector operations
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations and understanding the UK IET regulations (BS7671)
- Degree in appropriate Electrical engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or to be proactively working towards chartered status with a relevant body.
A global sustainability and solutions consultancy offering services to clients in many different business sectors
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk