Bristol IT Technical Support Engineer
Software Development • UnspecifiedApply for this job
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.
WHO WE ARE
First, let’s talk about what we’re not. We’re not a network that is limited by our size, outdated procedures or our structure. We’re not too proud or stratified to recognize the power of collaboration – in fact, we encourage it. We’re not satisfied with maintaining the status quo because we are already planning for tomorrow’s challenges and innovations. We are IPG Mediabrands, a new world agency group designed with dynamic marketing at its core. We are 8,500 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in over 130 countries. We are a diverse group of innovators, technologists, designers, scientists, musicians, strategists, buyers, thinkers, planners and mathematicians that are committed to building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
The IPG Mediabrands UK umbrella includes agencies UM London and Initiative UK, and its roster of speciality services including Orion, Rapport, Magna Global and Mediabrands Digital (Cadreon, Reprise Media, Ansible, Mubaloo and Society). In the UK we manage and invest over £1 billion for some of the country’s largest companies and employ over 450 people in our St. John’s Square headquarters in Clerkenwell, the creative heart of London. We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Our network is unified by a shared philosophy we call “Dynamic By Design”. More than just a catch phrase, Dynamic By Design is our commitment to our clients, partners and each other to think and work differently. It makes us agile, freeing us from the burdens of old ways of thinking and enabling us to leap into opportunity. It breaks down barriers and biases, building a single integrated business where communication and collaboration come as standard. It thrives on questions, leaving behind a “set and forget” mentality, embracing adaptation, innovation and inclusiveness. It helps our clients grow, bringing a better experience and bigger results every time.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide first and second line technical support to telephone requests and e-mails from all internal Mediabrands customers. Based in Bristol they will be the first point of contact for the users in their office as well as assisting the London IT team by remotely supporting users based across the UK and Ireland. They are to ensure that support issues are dealt with promptly and appropriately or to escalate to outsourced members of the IT support function within IPG as well as third parties.
This position plays a key role in how Mediabrands internal customers view the IT Support team and also how the support teams within IPG view Mediabrands. This is a technical role and, as such requires the individual to be able to diagnose and resolve issues promptly and effectively but to then also communicate resolution in a manner which is clear to understand to all aspects of the Mediabrands business.
- To provide first and second level technical support to telephone and email requests from users for all Mac and PC hardware, software and associated peripherals
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries
- To redirect or escalate support requests as appropriate to outsourced partners within IPG and third parties
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls
- To contribute to ensuring that the Helpdesk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly
- To deploy Macs, PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Technical Support Team Leader
- To setup new starters from AD user creation to ensuring all IT equipment is in place for user
- To maintain the existing Macs, PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the Technical Support Team Leader, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software
- To assist in the compilation of the Support team’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users
- To liaise with colleagues in all Support and Technical Development teams within IPG to ensure continuity of service for all users
- To provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility
- Strong experience of troubleshooting and supporting Macs
- Experience working in a Mac environment
- Experience of working with Casper server
- Experience of using helpdesk ticketing solutions.
- Experience of working with a large, corporate Active Directory structure
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10), MS Office 2016 and MS Office 365
- Basic Networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, DHCP, DNS, PXEboot
- Flexibility to travel to London periodically to work with the larger IT team
We particularly like people who strive to improve themselves so candidates who also hold any of the following qualifications would be preferred but these are not essential:
- Microsoft certifications (eg MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCDBA)
- VMware certification (VCP)
- CompTIA Network+ certification
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast-paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses.
In addition to this, there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development. We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work.
So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 23 days’ annual leave (plus additional Holiday for long service)
- Funded social events
- In office pool table, darts board, games machine
- Mortgage benefit
- Annual season ticket loan
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions up to 3%
- Free annual eye test
- Employee Assistance Programme
HOW WE PROTECT YOU
The manner in which IPG Mediabrands processes your personal data is set out in the eRecruitment Privacy Notice. By submitting your data you are stating that you have read and understand how your personal information will be used and processed by IPG Mediabrands.