Area Sales Manager
Marketing • Unspecified Competitive + annual bonus, company car and PMIApply for this job
Area Sales Manager - Landscape
South West England
The purpose of this role is to grow Wienerberger landscapes sales in the UK, manage the landscape supply chain within Wienerberger UK (Landscape Architects, Civils Contractors and Civils Merchants), whilst working with the other divisions (Construction, Housing and Distribution) to manage gained specifications through to order and completion on site. Occasional travel to our Head Office in South Manchester will be required.
About the Role:
The role will incorporate a broad spectrum of responsibilities including account management, project management and the provision of technical advice on the use of the Company’s products. The role requires frequent travel within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- To promote and sell Wienerberger building products (Roof, Brick, Block, Facade)
- Develop specifications of Wienerberger products through the design and pre-construction stage
- Work with the other divisions (Housing and Distribution) to manage gained specifications through to order and completion on site
- Be responsible for the profitable development of Wienerberger building product opportunities
- Meet and exceed the agreed targets for sales (price, mix, volume)
- Develop Wienerberger into the No 1 choice for a fabric solution
- Work closely with the Head of Sales – Construction in the development of the Wienerberger brand in the UK
- Management of key customers on large scale developments / major pipeline projects
- Delivery of CPDs, and other technical / training seminars, as required to a variety of customer sectors such as designers, contractors and internal teams
Skills & Experience
- Technically competent, with an ability to deliver product and system information to achieve a commercial benefit for Wienerberger
- Sound understanding the dynamics of commercial supply chain from specification through to project delivery
- Demonstrable relationship building across all disciplines – architects, engineers and main contractors
- Demonstrable experience of selling to architects
- The ability to work as a proactive team play, with a can-do attitude is essential to succeed in this role.
- A high standard of presentation skills as this role will require the postholder to present to Senior Directors and Managers within Wienerberger and to its customer base
- Delivery of key account management through design and distribution
- Experience of differing contract types and their impact on the management of a project
- A working knowledge of the built environment
Hours of Work: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Meet our People: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x33ySVMtdE
Wienerberger is the world's largest producer of bricks and No. 1 on the clay roof tiles market in Europe with 204 plants in 30 countries. The Wienerberger group has been manufacturing quality clay building products since 1819 when we opened our first factory in Vienna, Austria. Our presence in the UK is currently larger than at any point in our 200 year history, employing c 1200 people across our Head Office, 4 showrooms, 13 manufacturing sites and 6 distribution centres throughout the UK. We manufacture in excess of 400 products including bricks, blocks, roof tiles and pavers for the homebuilding and renovation markets.